I was awarded the Honest Scrap by my friend Kara (see her lovely products at MLG here). There are a few rules that go along with this award. They are-I need to copy the logo and place it on my blog, Link it back to the person who gave it to me, Pass it on to five fellow bloggers, List 10 things about myself....
1. Mr. Molly Lou: I met Mr. Molly Lou when I was 19 and thought he was OBNOXIOUS. He loves to tell the story the opposite way. We were friends for a few months and then you know how the story remains today. I had a dream many years ago that we were in an airport with a couple of children and thought we were going to miss our plane. One child needed something and he was holding one and pushing the stroller. He told me to go with the one child that I had and he would meet me. I ran ahead, and in my dream, I looked back to see him holding our child and running through an airport and knew that I would marry him. Silly I know, but I would say that dream was pretty telling as here we sit two children later.
2. Sometimes I miss teaching! I used to complain about my students a lot, but really loved it and sometimes miss it. I love staying home with the minis though.
3. 10 years ago last week I was in a horrific car accident and if it weren't for some travellers from Ohio headed home pulling me from my car, I would have died. 10 seconds after they pulled me out of the car, my car exploded. Clearly I am here for a reason, some days I just don't know what it is.
4. From said accident, on the 1 year anniversary of my accident, I got a butterfly tattoo on my lower back. Butterflies represent new life and clearly I got a second chance. No one ever sees it and I forget about it. When I tell people I have one, most are shocked.
5. I love the Real Housewives... shows. I know it is silly and I am probably losing some brain cells from wasting my time and tuning in, but it is a great mindless release when I finally sit down at the end of the day. I don't really like the Atlanta one, but the trailer for the new season has me intrigued as to what NeeNee will be up to this season.
6. Hamburgers...I love hamburgers! When I was pregnant with Mini #1 I couldn't get enough of them. Mr. Molly Lou was loving the "beef pregnancy."
7. Coffee=my addiction. Everyone has to have one, right? I could drink coffee all day, every day.
8. Molly Lou sister and I are just over 5 years apart. We never got along when we were little as we had very little in common. We get along great now, but when we were little, not so much. We used to PLAY sisters. She was married to Kevin Costner and I was married to Tom Cruise and our rooms were our houses. We could PLAY sisters all day, but when it came to actually being sisters, it wasn't so fun.
9. NewYork is my favorite place in the world! Everytime I think about it, I smile and yearn to be there. I can't say enough good things about it. Mr. Molly Lou and I have a fantastic engagement story from Molly Lou, so now it even holds a deeper, more special place in my heart.
10. My embarassing moment: When I was a junior in highschool, I got an award at the end of the year assembly. Mind you, this was in the gym with the entire highschool (1200 students) and then parents, district people, teachers, etc. As I was walking up to get my award, I tripped on a cord that was hidden under plastic laid on the gym floor. I tripped right in front of the boy that I had a crush on for 3 YEARS!!! That's right, 1200 people, love of my life (at the time), and I tripped. I didn't totally fall, I caught myself, but the sound of all those people laughing still gets me. I mean seriously...perfect timing!
Thanks again for the award! I would now like to pass this award on to ALL of you. I love learning new things about my Blogland friends and hope to learn something funny, neat, or embarassing too! Come on, you know you want to do it.
Hope your weekends are going well. Can't wait to hear about them!
Have a great weekend! Can't wait to hear about all the happenings!