Last week I started my series of posts on things I am thankful for. I highlighted the first four. So, moving on in my quest to list 26 things I am thankful for.
5. Music~Oh how I love music. It is amazing how a song can transport me back to a particular place, event, or time in my life. The various genres of music are so appealing to the many moods and emotions that occur in this crazy life.
6. Common Sense~There are MANY things that just seem so incredibly and completely logical to me, even "duh" moments, but then I stop and realize that common sense isn't a gift that everyone is given. Praise God that he gave it to me.
7. Spray paint~It is the poor woman's best home (re)decorating companion. We purchased some black .99 spray paint from Lowe's and it is fabulous. Our front door had icky brass numbers, kickplate, and doorknocker and we had a chandelier upstairs at the top of the stairs that wasn't so pretty brass either. Leave me alone with those pieces and some black spray paint...VOILA. Perfect. They look so fantastic. I also repainted our front door to clean it up and give it a fresh coat before putting the pieces back up and even a few weeks later, I love looking at it. Now, I am thinking of new projects so I can use the happy spray paint again.
8. Cheese~Mozzarella, Cheddar, Gouda, Muenster (of "monster" as Mini #1 calls it), Blue, Goat, Feta, American, Swiss=YUMMY! Cheese really makes a boring meal or sandwich fantastic. It is yummy hot or cold and either on something or just alone. I heart cheese.
9. Stationery~Clearly I like stationery, hence Molly Lou Gifts. I get downright giddy when I find a new stationery love. Personalized stationery is something that everyone needs and should be happy to use. Different sets and styles make me happy...stationery for different moods. colorful, trendy, elegant, classic, etc. If you have notecards that you love, you will be more apt to write to friends and family. It is so fun to receive a nice note in the mail too.
10. The color black~love its slimming affects and just wish that for every layer of black, I would look that much thinner.
11.Mini #1~Last week, I mentioned my children together, but I am going to separate them and tell you a little of why I love and adore each of them and thank God MANY times a day for blessing me with them. Mini #1 is a sensitive, compassionate, smart, handsome, funny, loving, stubborn, creative, and thoughtful child. He is very intense and interested. He studies things and wants to know how things work and why they do what they do (hello! Engineer father). He has a love for learning and books. He could sit for hours and read. As a REALLY fussy infant with such horrible colic, he loved when I would read to him. He has taken this love and "ran with it." He can now read and gets so excited when he finds a new book and can read pages in it. That passion for learning is going to be so incredible to watch as he grows. He had a friend over yesterday and it was nice to see him interact with another child and independently play. It really smacked me in the face on how big he is getting and how quickly time passes. I am so blessed to be his mother and so fortunate to have such an incredible seat to watch what life has in store for this boy.
More next week. What are you thankful for?
Have a great Thanksful Thursday!
PS-Have you entered our newest Birthday Month Giveaway yet? Check out yesterday's post here.