Happy Thursday! I can't believe that Thanksgiving is one week from today. Time sure does fly.
In continuing with the 26 things that I am thankful for...
12. Television-my how I love me some television. At the end of the day when I finally get to sit down, I love to catch up and watch all of those mindless reality shows. Seriously, where would I be without reality tv?!?!?! I mean who would actually like to learn new things or engage in thoughtful conversation when you can watch the drama of Jon and Kate, who will win Project Runway, who gets eaten in the shark tank, who has a crying fit when told that they are in fact "not the biggest loser," or see those tables being thrown or wigs being pulled by those crazy Real Housewife gals. Also, couldn't live without HGTV.
13. Lilly Pulitzer's Squeeze Perfume-Mr. Molly Lou gave this to me last year for Christmas and I just love it. I have found "my scent." It makes me a tad happy every time I see the cheery yellow bottle on my counter. Even better when I found it at TJ Maxx for half price!
14. Monograms-Clearly you have all figured out that with Molly Lou Gifts, I love things personalized and monogrammed. I would monogram my kids if I could. Things just look better when they are monogrammed and a boring towel, pillow, or wall can ooze style and personality with a little monogram.
15. Home-I love my home and I love that my children love it too. It is warm and a place we all feel comfortable. It certainly isn't grandiose or perfect, but it is ours and something Mr. Molly Lou and I have worked hard for. Just before I go to bed at night, the house is quiet, I know my children are sleeping soundly in their beds and everything is clean and organized (why is it that the only time my house looks the best is when we are all sleeping and no one gets to see it?!?!), I look around and say a quick prayer thanking God for all he has given us.
16. Vacations-I love planning vacations almost as much as going on them. I am dreaming that I am sitting right now on a tropical beach reading a book and listening to the waves or I am in New York City, my favorite place in the world or perhaps I am touring Italy with Mr. Molly Lou. I am so thankful for all of the places we have been able to go and for all the ones that are still to come in our future. Speaking of Italy, I am guest blogging over at my dear friend Kim's blog, Experiments in a Galley Kitchen. She is away with her sweet husband on an anniversary cruise (very jealous). I wrote about a planes, trains, and automobiles experience during the first day of our honeymoon in Italy. Pop over to her blog!
17. Birthdays-everyone we get to celebrate means another year of living this crazy life. Birthdays are so fun and should be a big deal. Decorations, gifts, cake, and feeling UBER special all day. We should celebrate all that we have accomplished in the past year.
18. Mini #1's preschool- I am thankful that we have found a place that Mini #1 feels comfortable and enjoys going. He adores his two teachers and they are kind, supportive, and loving towards him. This has been a great place for him to make friends and learn those necessary social skills. He is learning new things and also gets to share what he knows and build on that love for learning. Today is his Thanksgiving Feast. This is his first school "program." His class will be indian's...definitely should be interesting. Mr. Molly Lou can't go, so my mom has come up to attend with us.
19. Water-wow! So useful and versatile...in just about everything, you can bathe and swim in it, is a healthy drink and is so good when it is ICE cold.
20. Mini #2-My oh my how I love and adore this child. Last week I wrote about her big brother, but this week, the spotlight needs to go on her for a bit. At almost 14 months, Mini #2 is a true ray of sunshine. She is happy just about all the time and has the best smile and her laugh is my favorite sound in the world. She is gentle, smart, adorable, loving, stubborn, dramatic, and interested in everything. She adores her brother; no one can make her giggle like he can. She is beautiful with those big blue eyes and blond hair. She has six teeth now and grins like a jack-o-lantern. She has more rhythm than either of her parents and can bust out in her own "song" and get her groove on. Her face lights up when we walk in to the room and my favorite time of day with her is when I open her door in the morning. She is standing at the corner of her crib ready to start the day. As soon as I open the door, her face lights up and she starts babbling. When I pick her up, she snuggles in to my neck and have just a few cuddly moments before she is off and ready to go. She is such an easy baby, much different than her brother and I am so thankful that she is in my life and I get to be her mother.
Stay tuned for next week's installment to round us out to the Thankful Thursday Finale. Have a great day!
PS-Did you see yesterday's post? Enter this week's Birthday/Holiday Giveaway!