Let's just say that I have been called MANY things in my lifetime, but a Sugar Doll has NEVER been one of them.
My dear friend Kim over at Experiments in a Galley Kitchen tagged me with the "Fabulous Sugar Doll Blogger Award." I love the title of this award and can add one more name to my list.
Please don't confuse Sugar Doll with Sugar Momma because I have no money. Sure did fool Mr. Molly Lou all those years ago though. (Actually, I am the one that I fooled...KIDDING!)
To play along, I'm supposed to list ten interesting things about me...you know inquiring minds want to know.
To be honest, I LOVE reading other people's lists, but this is so hard for me. Interesting??? That might be another adjective that isn't normally used to describe me, so let's just go with random things about me.
1. I heart Starbucks and all COFFEE. If I was choosing a meal over Starbucks, the coffee would win out most of the time. The International Delight Pumpkin Pie Spice creamer has been my BFF lately...don't have a Starbuck's close and those minis will want to go to college, so it is kind of the poor woman's Starbuck's latte. Coffee+Pumpkin=Perfection.
2. People watching is probably my greatest hobby. I could sit there all day and just watch. My mom and I sometimes make up stories about people around us...how they are related, what they are doing, past history, etc. This was FANTASTIC and so PERFECT when Mr. Molly Lou and I lived in Vegas. (Greatest hobby aside from blogging/twitter that is. I wonder what I did before the Blogland and Twitter ate me up.)
3. I want one more child and some days I think I am totally ready now. Then, I bounce back to reality and notsomuch. I have a great desire to adopt. Now that I have had the amazing opportunity to have my own children, I would love to spread the love to another child that is in need of a family.
4. I have a handbag addiction. I would rather buy a handbag or shoes any day than clothes. No matter what I weigh, the bags and shoes still look good. Right now, I am pining for this one (not typically me)and this one (trust me, I think $795 is beyond ridiculous and I am fully aware that I will never actually own it, but I just said that I wanted it) and this one (again, won't own, but love).
5. I can cry at the drop of the hat. (This really annoys Mr. Molly Lou.) I can be watching tv, thinking of something that happened years ago, think of hypothetical situations, or just be hormonal and the tears come bursting out. (So thankful that I was the only one in the room while watching Grey's Anatomy last night...Me=blubbering idiot.)
6. I switched my major three times in college. Once I landed in education, it was the perfect match and I knew it was what I was meant to do.
7. I met Gene Simmons at the Beverly Hills Hotel when I was there with my sister and her friend when we lived in Vegas. My sister and her friend didn't even know who he was. He was standing right next to our table and then played with my sister's friend's ponytail. Bizarre, but he was nice. I guess an interesting way to drum up a conversation.
8. I have a handblown glass ball collection. I have ones that we have collected from travels and each one makes me think of different events in my life and places that I have been. I would love to learn the art of blowing glass...add that to the list of 45467832 things I want to do/learn.
9. Friends is still my favorite show of all time. I could watch episodes all day long. If my remote had to be stuck on one channel though, it would be HGTV. I can get sucked in to all of those shows.
10. I heart chocolate. It is a serious problem. Halloween and the holidays rolling on certainly aren't helping. Throw peanuts/peanut butter in to the mix and I can't resist. Such a shame that Mini #1 is allergic to peanuts...I needed to save him from that peanute Halloween candy. Aren't I good mom?!?!?!?
Now, I'm supposed to tag 10 Bloggers to play along. (Kim stole a few of my nominees, so double Sugar Doll.) Passing along the Sugar Doll to...
Ashley at Perfectly Pleasant
Gina at Namaste By Day
Jennifer at Southern Living: Preppy Style
Michelle at Stuttering Shell
Whitney at That Girl and Her Pug
Katie at The Perks
Headbands and Handbags
kHm at Queen Bee Swain
Name Twin at Living in the Moment
Shaina at Post Smith
Ladies, you are now officially Fabulous Sugar Doll Bloggers! And thanks again Kim...I heart you!
PS-I know I was supposed to tag 10 and did 11. Clearly counting isn't my strong suit. :)