National Ice Cream Day is less than three weeks away!! That's right friends, July 18 is National Ice Cream Day. Aren't you thrilled you have someone like me to show you the light on these important holidays?
Although when it is 4371 degrees outside as it is here and the humidity is at 1000% percent, I am pretty sure that every day is Ice Cream Day.
"Ice cream is happiness condensed. " ~Jessi Lane Adams
I found this Ice Cream in a Bag recipe and I can't wait to try it with the minis. I am thinking of bringing along the ingredients and trying it with my cousin's minis next week on vacation.
Ingredients and Supplies
1 sandwich size zipper bag
1 gallon size zipper bag
1/2 cup whole milk
1 T. sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla
Ice (fill gallon bag halfway)
6 T. rock salt
1. Combine milk, sugar, and vanilla in small sandwich bag and seal tightly.
2. Add the rock salt to the large bag of ice.
3. Place the small sealed bag inside the large bag and seal.
4. Shake for about 5 minutes.
5. Open bags carefully to retrieve your single serving of homemade ice cream!
YUM! Get those ingredients and get shaking!
I think I might want to add some M&M's to my concoction. I'm sure you can never go wrong with some chocolate syrup too!
What's your tidbit to share today!